Can you believe it is already the end of September? It feels as though we just came back to school!
Students should all have their schedules, there may be changes as we tweak work schedules.
Mark your calendars:
Monday October 12th: No School Columbus Day
Thursday October 15th: 6:30-8:00 Open House for Parents only at LHS
Thursday October 29th: No school Professional Day
This week we will be covering:
- Focusing on context clues and concentrating on what skills we use while reading
- Skills such as: visualization, using context clues, inferencing, making predictions and making connections
- Students will be finishing up Least Common Multiple
- They will be starting to discuss and review operations, including learning new strategies to assist with the automaticity of facts
- Discussing the first Article of the Constitution, including: discussion about the legislative branch, Congress, and the roles/ responsibilities within this branch
- Learning vocabulary related to circulatory system
- Reviewing two column note taking
- What are 3-5 character traits that you possess?
- What is the difference between talent and good character?